Ads Top

A Path to Freedom|| How Jessie Dealt With Inferiority Complex and Built Her Self Esteem

A Path to Freedom|| How Jessie Dealt With Inferiority Complex and Built Her Self Esteem
A Path to Freedom|| How Jessie Dealt With Inferiority Complex and Built Her Self Esteem 

A script from
Femmwriters
                   The path to freedom
                         By Ogono Ejiro
What    Jessie is an insecure and timid teenager who is ignored by everyone including her own parents.
She finally gets a chance to build her self-esteem she meets an orphan who reminds her that she has something special (themes self-esteem, value, friendship, family, achievement)

Who      Jessie-a-15-year-old high school student. A bit of a nerd.
         Andy- Jessie’s new best friend aged 16. A straight A student.

When     Present day

Wear     Prep school uniform
         Overalls

Why      Female empowerment, self-esteem

How       Can be performed by a girl within 15 to 18 years. One who has an idea of some high school experiences such as bullying.

Time    Approximately 15 minutes.

   FADE IN:

INT. SCHOOL-CAFETERIA-AFTERNOON

Jessie walks into the cafeteria with her face buried deep in the ground.

                LUNCH LADY
    Hey Jessie, why are you so moody? Are those mean kids bullying you again?

                JESSIE
    No ma'am, it's nothing. I will have some snacks, please.

                LUNCH LADY
    Are you sure?

                JESSIE
        (nods)
    Thank you.


INT. SCHOOL-CLASSROOM-AFTERNOON

Jessie enters the classroom late after lunch. She rushes to her seat.

                MISS ANDREWS
    Jessie, you're late again. Why didn't you have lunch in the cafeteria like everyone else?

                JESSIE
        (stutters)
    I went...

                BRIAN
    She's sorry Miss Andrews; she prefers to eat with other aliens in the bathroom.
        (class laughs)
                MISS ANDREWS
    Silence! I will not have that in my classroom. Jessie, see me after the class.

            AFTER CLASS....:


Jessie sits down at the front desk as she waits for Miss Andrews to talk to her.

                MISS ANDREWS
    Jessie, what's going on? Your grades have plummeted. You used to be the best in class, now you hardly speak in class.

                JESSIE
    I'm so sorry; I've been carried away. I promise to do better.

                MISS ANDREWS
    You said this the last time, and I haven't seen any improvement. I may have to contact your parents.

                JESSIE
    Please don't do that. I will work harder.

                MISS ANDREWS
    I will hold you to it.

                JESSIE
    Thank you.
FADE OUT:

EXT. APERTMENT-LAWN-AFTERNOON

Jessie doesn't join the school bus; she walks home. In the front lawn, she sees her dad packing some items into the car.

                JESSIE
    Dad, where are you going?

                MR STONE
    Hey, sweetie, I'm off to Niagara Falls. We have a documentary to shoot there. I should be back in a couple of days.

                JESSIE
    But Dad, you promised to help me with my school project.

                MR STONE
    I know honey, but I'm just so busy. I'm sure your mom can help.

                JESSIE
        (walks away angrily)


INT. APARTMENT-LIVINGROOM

Jessie's mom is on the phone with business partners. She passes abruptly without saying hello. Her mother notices and follows her to her room.

                MRS STONE
    Jessie, what's wrong sweetie?

                JESSIE
    Mum, I...

                MRS STONE
        (phone rings)
    I'm sorry honey; I have to take this call.

Jessie is left all alone in her room, and she begins to cry. She grabs a few clothes in her bag and sneaks out of the house.

EXT. TRAIN-STATION-EVENING

Jessie sits on the bench waiting for the train, and a young man sits next to her.

                ANDY
    Hey there, can I join you on the bench?

                JESSIE
    Of course

                ANDY
    Thank you. Travelling?

                JESSIE
    Yes.

                ANDY
    Cool. It's late, and I fear the train may not come for another 2 hours.

                JESSIE
    Really? Then why are you here? Aren't you traveling?

                ANDY
        (laughs) who says I am traveling?
                JESSIE
    Then why are you here?

                ANDY
    I like to come here in the evening. It helps me think properly.

                JESSIE
    What are you thinking about?

                ANDY
    My family

                JESSIE
    Are they not here with you?

                ANDY
    No, they died. It was a crash. I was the only survivor.

                JESSIE
    Omg! I'm sorry about that. How are you able to hold it together without falling apart? I know I'd be a mess if it happened to me.

                ANDY
    Well, I'm alive, that's enough for me. I'm grateful for the time I was given. I plan to live my life to the full.

                JESSIE
    Inspiring. I wish I were like you. I'm just so timid and easily bothered by what happens around me.

                ANDY
    You've heard my story, so now you know, it's not so bad. Chin up and be strong. You will be just fine.
    JESSIE
        (smiles)
                ANDY
    Glad I could make you smile. Now come so I can walk you home.

                JESSIE
    You're a stranger; you could be a serial killer for all I know.

                ANDY
        (chuckles) even with my cute smile.
                JESSIE
    Thanks for making me feel better. I feel much better.

                ANDY
    You are welcome. Good night

            JESSIE WALKS BACK HOME AND GOES STRAIGHT TO HER BEDROOM.:

EXT. SCHOOL-BUS-MORNING

Jessie decides to take the bus since she is in a good mood. Brian pushes her with his shoulder, and the other students laugh. Andy holds her hand and helps her to get up.

                ANDY
    Apologize to the lady

                BRIAN
    Why, is she your girlfriend?

                ANDY
    I will not ask again.

                JESSIE
    It's OK, let him go, I don't care anyway.

                ANDY
    If you say so.
IN THE BUS...

                JESSIE
    Thank you. You know, I forgot to ask your name.

                ANDY
    I'm Andy; you're welcome Jessie.

                JESSIE
    How do you know my name?

                ANDY
    I'm psychic.
        (both laugh)
FADE OUT:



INT. JESSIE’S CLASSROOM-MORNING

Andy enters the class and is being introduced by the teacher.

                MISS ANDREWS
    Hello, class, we have a new addition to the team. Meet Andy Rivers; he just transferred here.

                ANDY
    Hi everyone

                BRIAN
        (makes booing sound)
                MISS ANDREWS
    Brian, I won't tolerate that in my classroom.

                BRIAN
    Sorry ma'am.

                MISS ANDREWS
    Go and sit down Andy.
FADE OUT:

INT. CAFETERIA-AFTERNOON

Jessie enters the cafeteria with a smile on her face for the first time in a very long time. The lunch lady was surprised to see her in a good mood.
                 LUNCH LADY
Jessie, I love this look on you. I hope to see it everyday.
                 Jessie
Thank you, it will.
(looks inside the hall and sees Andy)
(she waves)
                 ANDY
Come over here. I’ve been waiting for you.

                JESSIE
(walks towards him and sits down) why didn't you tell me that you were joining my school?
               
                 ANDY
I didn’t even know your name, how was I to know

                 JESSIE
It’s okay, I understand

                  ANDY
I’m glad you’re slowly coming out of your shell.

                  JESSIE
What can I say? You encouraged me. All I’ve ever wanted was someone to see me. My parents don’t see me, my classmates don’t see me, it’s almost like I’m invisible. I used to feel so low, like I’m not good enough for anyone. Not good enough for myself.

                 ANDY
Jess, it’s true that you should be acknowledged by these people, but their failing to do so shouldn’t discourage you. Work on being a better you for you. That way you won’t care if anyone sees you or not. In fact everyone would appreciate you for being special. You can’t expect people around you to love you when you don’t even love yourself.

               Jessie
I can do that, but there are a few things I will like to do first.

                ANDY
Need my help?

                JESSIE
Of course.
FADE OUT:

INT. JESSIE’S CLASSROOM-AFTERNOON
Jessie walks up to Brian to give him a piece of her mind.

                JESSIE
Brian, I think you are a very sad human, and that's why you choose to bully people, I pity you and hope you find the peace you desire so much. Good bye.
(class claps)

FADE OUT:

INT. JESSIE’S HOUSE- AFTERNOON
Jessie calls a meeting between her and her family members and places a sign which says "no phones allowed."

                 JESSIE
Hello, everyone, I chose today to speak to you. Please give me audience. I've been ignored and neglected for as long as I remember because you are both so busy with work. But you know what, I'm not angry anymore. I finally
realized that I shouldn’t let the way others treat me define who I am. My happiness and joy should be based on the love I have for myself and not on what I expect from others. I understand that you want me to be happy, and so you work for me. I need love and attention, but if money is all you have for me, I will accept it. As long as you're here with me. Hence forth I’ll hold my chin high and treat myself like a queen no matter what I’m going through. I’ve also decided to stop comparing myself to others and try everyday to be better than yesterday.
(both parents hug her, subbing)
             
               
               MR STONE
We are so sorry; we had no idea. We promise to be better.
(Jessie smiles)
FADE OUT:

Do you want a script like this? 
Contact Femm Writers



No comments:

Comments on this post do not in anyway express the thoughts and opinions of any author in this blog. Comments that portray violence, racism and sexual Immorality would be deleted at once.

Content protected by Copyscape . Powered by Blogger.